Estate planning services are important for people of modest means, as well as for the wealthy. Whatever your assets, age, or family situation, you need an estate plan that provides you and your loved ones with the protections you deserve. The Bond Law Firm can help.
Our firm offers you comprehensive and detailed advice on the creation of an estate plan that creates your legacy, protects your assets, addresses end of life issues, and allows you to be prepared for incapacity.
With assistance from experienced attorneys, you can put the tools available under Texas law to work for you to secure your future. Give us a call at (218) 448-4100 today to talk with a Houston estate planning lawyer about the personalized services we provide and to get answers to questions you have about estate planning including:
- Do I need an estate plan?
- What kinds of estate planning services can an experienced attorney provide?
- How can a Houston estate planning lawyer help me?
Do I Need an Estate Plan?
It is imperative that every adult have an estate plan. No matter how young and healthy you are now, life can change in the blink of an eye. If you suffer an illness or an injury and are left incapacitated or pass away, the chance to control your legacy will be gone forever if you have not acted.
Family fighting, unwanted medical care, and lost assets are just some of the problems that can arise when illness, injury, or death occur without an estate plan.
The Bond Law Firm can provide you with guidance on what should be a part of an estate plan that is appropriate for your life stage. Your estate plan can, and should, evolve over time. What is important, though, is that you make your plan now so you can use legal tools to protect assets and protect your family.
An estate plan is about much more than just determining who will get your property if you pass away, although addressing the distribution of assets is one important part of the process. A good estate plan will also do much more, allowing you to address the special needs of your heirs, to keep your assets safe, and to make certain you maintain control over what happens to you if you get sick.
Let The Bond Law Firm help you to determine what should be a part of your plan and give our firm the chance to help create the documents and tools necessary for you.
What Kinds of Estate Planning Services Can an Attorney Provide?
An experienced attorney can provide many important estate planning services including:
- Creating a plan for guardianship of minor children.
- Using wills and trusts to determine what happens to assets and to leave money to minors; a disabled loved one; heirs who are irresponsible with spending; and everyone else in your life who you want to provide for.
- Using charitable remainder trusts and charitable foundations to leave assets to support causes you care about.
- Making inter vivos gifts during your lifetime while avoiding or minimizing gift taxes.
- Creating a business succession plan.
- Using living trusts to transfer assets outside probate and protect assets in case of incapacity.
- Using powers of attorney to ensure the right party makes decisions and manages affairs in case of incapacity.
- Using advanced directives to make plans regarding the kinds of healthcare you will, and won’t, receive if you have a terminal or end stage illness or incapacitating injury.
- Creating a Medicaid plan, which can involve the use of lady bird deeds, Miller trusts, and more to make certain you assets are protected while Medicaid pays for nursing home care.
These are just a few of the many estate planning services that The Bond Law Firm can offer. When you work with our legal team, we will discuss all of your plans for your family, assets, and autonomy as you get older. With a clear idea of what you hope to achieve, we can make the wisest use of the legal tools that allow you to control many aspects of your future.
How can a Houston Estate Planning Lawyer Help?
The Bond Law Firm assists parents of small children; those with irresponsible relatives; individuals with high incomes and substantial assets; those just starting out in life; and everyone else who has life circumstances that make estate planning essential.
No matter who you are, you have assets to protect, people you care about, and a legacy to build. Our legal team can help give you the tools to secure your future. Give us a call at (218) 448-4100 or contact us online to get help with all aspects of estate planning to meet your goals.